1. What type of wood can you use for your projects?
The best wood to use for an epoxy resin table is typically the flattest piece of live edge wood you can find, that has been properly air dried. Oak, walnut, redwood, yew, or elm are good choices for this.
2. What type of resin can you use for your projects?
There are various types of resin, each with its own properties. Some of the most commonly used are Epoxy resin, Polyester resin, UV resin, and Polyurethane resin.
● Epoxy Resin - is a very versatile form of resin, with so many uses, making it the go to resin for a great number of projects
● Polyester Resin - similar to epoxy resin, polyester resin can be used to make models. It is most often used to make ponds, swimming pools, and in the building of boats. It is quite strong and also water-resistant.
● UV Resin - sets very quickly, as it only requires exposure to UV light to activate the chemical reaction that allows the resin to set.
● Polyurethane Resin - is very durable and when set through applying heat, becomes very hard. There are a variety of different types of polyurethane resin that are used in several different industries.
3. What is Resin?
Resin is a sticky substance made from organic or synthetic material. Generally, it is dissolved in alcohol but is not soluble in water. Resin can go from a liquid into a solid, making it perfect for decorative uses especially in wood crafting.
By using molds, resin can be transformed into various shapes and forms which allow for the creation of amazing wooden masterpieces!
4. Is Resin Safe?
Resin is non-toxic and is very safe to use at home or in your shop when handled in a professional manner. As with all things, following necessary safety measures should be followed when handling any type of chemicals.
● Always work in a well-ventilated area.
● Make sure that you are using personal protective equipments such as nitrile gloves, safety goggles, respirator or masks, and proper clothing.
● If the epoxy resin does come into contact with your skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
Hardened or dry epoxies are relatively harm-free, as the chemical reaction has already happened.
5. Is Magic Resin epoxy resin heat resistant?
Once fully cured, all of our epoxy resin products are heat resistant up to about 60℃/140℉. This means you can put your hot coffee cup on the cured epoxy resin without worrying that it will break. If subjected to higher heat (up to 500℉), the product will soften for a while but will harden back up after exposure.
6. Are your products food safe?
Yes! Following proper cure, all of our products simply cure to become inert plastics, which is food safe. However, it is recommended to not disturb the product with hot contents and with anything that can chip it off such as knives.
7. Do you offer free shipping in Canada?
Yes, we offer free shipping on all orders over $75.00 purchases within Canada. Delivery typically takes 1-2 business days.
Note: PO Boxes can take slightly longer.